Eggs Laid by Tigers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

 

Texas Governor Rik Perry, Secession, Militias, and Bluebonnets





Texas Governor Rik Perry doesn't know his Texas history. He says that Texas reserved the right to secede from the Union when it joined. Wrong! Texas reserved the right to divide into five States, thereby giving it's various citizens 10 Senators instead of just two, making sure that the Senate becomes even less representative than it now is; and would have done so even when I was young, except that no one could agree on which of the new states would get



the Alamo.







South Texas, to my mind, has he better claim on the Alamo, since vastly more of South Texas' forefathers fought at the Alamo. But East Texas, where my father's family hails from, also has a claim, since probably more of its forefathers fought in the Alamo. I don't see that West Texas, the Panghadle, or the Gulf has much of a claim at all, but I suppose the folks who live in those parts of the State would disagreed with me.

There is a way to settle this dispute that Rik might like. Each of the five areas could form a militia, and the five militias could fight it out. Atomics would have to be outlawed, unless someone were losing.

The idea of regional militias in Texas is not farfetched, except perhaps in South Texas. A quick internet search comes up with these:









The Army of the Republic of Texas

[Will someone please tell me this is merely a madman's dream? See here.]



But I don't think there will be any one loser, since, under the Constitution, Hussein Obama is the commander in chief of all militias.

Knowing Hussein as I do (my daughter's girlfriend may have dated him, after all) he would find it necessary to be scrupulously fair to all, resulting in the death all combatants,



leaving only Friend Nan's beautiful bluebonnets . . . .


















and her equally glorious Indian paint brushes (I guess you Texians [maternal grandmother's spelling, very old, very correct] still call them that), in a grove of live oak, or I miss my guess.



















to the incomparable  couch of death thy  rhythmic  lover   

 thou answerest   

 them only with   

 spring



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   December 2009   January 2010   April 2010   October 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]